Money raised in our annual Tennis4Cancer tournament goes to support the American Cancer Society’s Rich M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge and the Rotary Club of Orange Park Sunrise.
Rotary is a service organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide, who:
• Provide humanitarian service
• Encourage high ethical standards in all vocations
• Help build goodwill and peace in the world
• Supporting a wide variety of charitable efforts in Clay County, Florida and the World.
As part of the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives and relieve suffering from cancer, it seeks to raise $19.2 million to construct and operate Hope Lodge Jacksonville, a residence that will provide lodging at no cost to cancer patients visiting the Greater Jacksonville area. Some of the amenities of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge Jacksonville will include:
- 32 patient suites, each with a private bath and television
- Shared kitchen and dining spaces
- Help-yourself pantry/pots and pans
- Daily access to fresh linens and laundry facilities
- A resource library with an Internet computer station
- Family recreation rooms with chairs, sofas and television
- Outdoor patio area and healing garden
- Free on-site, easily accessible garage and surface parking
- Free daily transportation to and from treatment centers
Located on the Mayo Clinic campus in Jacksonville. Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge – Jacksonville will serve patients seeking cancer treatment at any cancer center in the Jacksonville area.
Click here for more information on the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge.