Building on Past Years’ Success
SO HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Now that our 6-year pledge to contribute $100,000 to the capital campaign of the Hope Lodge has been completed, the focus we are working towards is contributing $60,000 towards the lease or purchase of a van to help the Hope Lodge with transportation of their guests/patients to appointments at different local hospitals and clinics.
Although the Tennis4Cancer tournament is the biggest annual fundraiser for the Rotary Club, members raise money in other ways, as well as participate with manpower at many local events.
In the Rotary year that started July 1, 2022, and ended June 30, 2023, the club donated over $36,000 to these local charities:
Clay County Rescue Mission
Defense Acquisition Professional Alumni Association Scholarships
Clay County Habitat for Humanity Leaders Build
Rise Against Hunger – Fletcher High School Rotary Interact Club
Rise Against Hunger – Ridgeview High School Rotary Interact Club
Rise Against Hunger – St Johns Classical Academy Interact Club
Wreaths Across America – Jacksonville Memory Garden Cemetery Orange Park
Wreaths Across America – Magnolia Cemetery Orange Park
Wreaths Across America – Jacksonville National Cemetery
Clay County Education Foundation
First Coast Women’s Services
Pace Center for Girls
Clay County Science Fair
Childrens Home Society
Rotary Club Green Cove Springs PETS Project
Rotary Youth Leadership Academy Scholarships
Waste Not Want Not
Rotary Club of Fleming Island’s Bahamas Eye Glass Project
Rotary is a service organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide, who:
• Provide humanitarian service
• Encourage high ethical standards in all vocations
• Help build goodwill and peace in the world
• Supporting a wide variety of charitable efforts in Clay County, Florida and the World.
As part of the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives and relieve suffering from cancer, it seeks to raise $19.2 million to construct and operate Hope Lodge Jacksonville, a residence that provides lodging at no cost to cancer patients visiting the Greater Jacksonville area. Some of the amenities of the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge Jacksonville include:
- 32 patient suites, each with a private bath and television
- Shared kitchen and dining spaces
- Help-yourself pantry/pots and pans
- Daily access to fresh linens and laundry facilities
- A resource library with an Internet computer station
- Family recreation rooms with chairs, sofas and television
- Outdoor patio area and healing garden
- Free on-site, easily accessible garage and surface parking
- Free daily transportation to and from treatment center
Located on the Mayo Clinic campus in Jacksonville. Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge – Jacksonville serves patients seeking cancer treatment at any cancer center in the Jacksonville area.
Click here for more information on the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Hope Lodge.